85th Annual Kentucky State Conference - A Success!
The Kentucky State Society enjoyed a fantastic State Conference the weekend of Mar. 22-23, 2019 in Frankfort, KY. Friday evening started off with a tour of the Governor's Mansion, then board meetings and fun time hanging out together. We were honored with Governor Matthew Bevin visiting our business session on Saturday morning and bringing greetings. Also in attendance were the state leaders of Kentucky DAR, SAR, and S.R. Many reports were given by officers, chairmen, and society presidents, then the afternoon featured a tour of the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History. The banquet was a special evening with recognition of major donors to the state project then a program by Eddie Price on life on the frontier.
The National Society Children of the American Revolution trains good citizens, develops leaders and promotes love of the United States of America and its heritage among young people.
The Object of C.A.R.
The object of this Society shall be:
1. To acquire knowledge of American history.
2. To preserve and restore places of historical importance associated with men and women who forwarded American independence.
3. To ascertain the deeds and honor the memories of the men, women and children who rendered service to the cause of the American Revolution.
4. To promote the celebration of patriotic anniversaries.
5. To honor and cherish the flag of the United States of America above every other flag.
6. To love, uphold and extend the principles of American liberty and freedom.